This forum is now read-only. Support is provided at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/sermon-browser/
20 October, 2014
10 May, 2011
1. Your question is not 100% clear, but why would you NOT want to use WP?
2. SermonBrowsers is only designed to work within WordPress... basically you CAN'T use it without using WordPress.
3. The best thing I can recommend which is close what you said is to create a WP site with only the one page, set the homepage to be a static page, make it a Sermon Browser page, and setup the menu as a static menu with links back to your main site.
4. If you just can't do #3, well, this is a really strange usage, and you'll have to repeat this all every time you add a file, but MAYBE you could do this:
- set up a WP site with SB
- upload/add all the MP3s,
- VIEW the page from the front-end,
- SAVE the rendered HTML of the SB page you are viewing,
- upload the HTML to your "other" website
- link to that HTML file instead of the WordPress site.
You MUST leave WP up and running, but theoretically, this might work. I'm sure some of the functionality won't work, like the filter. So you should delete that section from the HTML file. The player might work. Possibly only the download will work.
But you'll have to go through it all again every time you want to add a new MP3. I really don't see the point of going to all the work of faking it like this.
If you're concerned about the speed in general, a caching plugin is your best bet.
If it's security that's the issue, use hardening tips and plugins.
If it's design... there are thousands of templates for free and pay, surely one of them is close enough to your existing design that it wouldn't be a horrible shock for viewers!
If it's functionality... you're probably better off making WP your main site, and then wrap your "other" site's page(s) with the extra functionality into a WP page using an iframe or even put a direct link to that page and link a "Back" button to WP.
Most Users Ever Online: 381
Currently Browsing this Page:
Rich Brown: 358
Matt Schlueter: 93
Don Johnson: 65
Guest Posters: 7
Newest Members:marktest, deatles50, ValeriaGoodriz, dapedPup, oapedPup, Margarettoimb
Moderators: Ben Miller: 1628
Administrators: Mark Barnes: 435